Thursday 15 July 2010

Returns and Replies


I'm home!  And this is all for today.  Tomorrow there will be all the news that I'm capable of.

*  *  *

CHERYL - No computers in hospitals here.  We've only recently been able to use our own cell phones.

JOHN & CAROLE - You lose John, but if makes you feel any better, you didn't lose to me.  The room mate had 42 staples.

GEORGIA - Bananas were the first thing I thought of.  But, also: does downing litres of water per day wash the potassium out of your system?

SUSAN IN CALIF - You've got your priorities right! No cake.  :-(  The nurses felt kind of bad when they hadn't noticed my birthday.  (I have pages and pages of bar code labels over my files, my wrists, all my medications, my charts, e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g,  Each contains my name, place of birth and birthday  Every time they touch me, they have to verify who I am.  Stuff just doesn't stick does it?)  They thought they should have had at least a flower.  Since they didn't, we shared my little wooden and woolen cats.  I'd already had the best birthday present it was possible to have.

EVERYBODY - who wrote called and commented.  Thank you.  You might have to be there to realise how important the support is and I don't wish that on you.  Just use your imaginations.




4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You're back, you're back.
    We're doing the happy dance in place of the Chows. Because no one can wiggle dance like a pibble.

    Olga & crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you're home, Margot! We missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home, madame. Happy belated birthday. The cats do love you. Just didn't want to cause a ruckus with heretofore un-Chow-like behavioUr... you'd have keeled over with amazement - not helpful in recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that, Doobs. Still,maybe I should try to get around the pibble ban. I think pibbles need a new slogan: Nobody wiggles like a pibble!

    ReplyDelete