Monday 2 February 2009

Number 6


Finally got there! I wouldn't call platelets of 120 normal, but I wasn't going to argue about it.

Next stop, MRI and consultation, both February 18. (Here, you walk out of the scanner unit with your scan and report in hand.)

If the results look good, I'll have surgery and 3 more chemo sessions. If they don't look good enough, I'll have 3 more chemo sessions and then we'll try, again. I think that's what she said.

CA-125 is down to 47.90. Getting on for normal (< 24.80)!

Nick is recovering from the flu and the gastro. Good thing, too, because I've been a nauseous person all weekend. However, on Friday he wasn't in any shape to drive me to the hospital, so I took the ambulance. Taxi type.

I should do this more often. Very educational. Alain, the owner, drove me. He explained to me that, besides reducing the size of the tumour(s), there is another reason they frequently do chemo before surgery. If the tumour(s) have metastasised and they cut out the "mother" (that's what he called it), the smaller tumours will grow faster. By doing chemo before surgery, they kill off the "babies" and there is a better prognosis after surgery. This new technique has arrived from the United States.

I told him I was glad I live some place where it's available to me.

I also learned about a house for sale (too small) and some land (not currently for sale). Can't win 'em all.

1 comment:

  1. That is great that you may be ready for surgery soon! Get that over with, be cured, and move on with life.
    I also like that you have the report right away. I have my reports, because I get them at the hospital I work at, and I look them up immediately. But the average person has to wait, which is frustrating.
    AND, fantastic news about your CA-125!
    Hope Nick is feeling better. Having had the flu, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete