Sunday 19 December 2010

Thanks to all

I am overwhelmed by all the people who have fond memories of Margot and are sending me massages of support. Here at home I also have a constant stream of friends and neighbors who are helping me organize a special send-off for Margot.

The funeral will be at 10:30 Tuesday morning (21st) at the cemetery here in our village of Sahune. Followed by an aperitif and a lunch for family and friends. I am sorry that all of you can not be there but for anyone near enough please come along.

Many people have ask if they can send flowers or make some contribution to a memorial. Margot's wish was that the best memorial she could ask for would be a contribution to a worthy charity (probably cancer research if you are looking for ideas). As you can see by the advertising around this page she was always trying to do something for others and in the last few years she took an active interest in the Livestrong Foundation.

Nick

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear of all the support. Donations have been made in Margot's name. We'll be thinking of you both on Tuesday. Margot's life was worthy of much celebration... make a toast from all of us.

    Doobie and Caitlin xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have people around you during all of this, Nick. I wish I could be there. I will make a donation in Margot's name.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed reading the blog for a couple of days and was so sad to read your news today. I'm so sorry I didn't manage to get to see Margot again when I was over. I pretty much guessed I wouldn't get another chance. I'll be thinking of you, Nick, next year when you will be working on the house you hoped to have with Margot. I'll try to visit next time.
    With respect
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Nick,
    You have my sincerest sympathies.

    So sorry, I could not be there in person, but I was certainly there in spirit.

    May she rest in peace.
    Respectfully,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Godspeed Margot. You will be missed. Wherever you find yourself may your TBR pile be undiminished and hugs plentiful.

    A set of 3 Christmas list books have been donated to a homeless teenager for the holidays in Margot's memory.

    Wen & Ani in Seattle, WA

    ReplyDelete