Friday 28 August 2009

The Wonders of Modern Medicine

How come I spent 3 days in the hospital for the catheter I'm currently wearing -- inserted without anaesthetic -- and I'll only be there for one day for the catheters in my kidneys -- which requires anaesthesia? Modern medicine is such a mystery.

Monday is chemo.
Tuesday is catheters.
This morning I had blood and urine samples taken. You'd think the urine would be easier to collect with a catheter, wouldn't you? Modern medicine is such. . .

After the blood-letting (I had 3 prescriptions), I went to see our former GP and put myself back on her list. She says that once they sort out my kidneys, I'll be less tired. If I sit, I sleep. Today I missed two visits from neighbours and 2 phone calls.

But not the one from our friends, Ann & Mike. Ann feels that we should be eating at their house regularly, once a week. Nick said to tell them we already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment